Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 24 at The Culinary: Skills III

Today I tried the Skills III kitchen for the first time.

I had so far tried every kitchen at least once, except for the Skills kitchen. Skills is the kitchen where you learn your skills, obviously. It's where you learn basic soups, stocks, sauces, chopping, and other culinary basics. Therefore, the menu of the Skills kitchen is very simple, emphasizing the importance of the flavors of the foods on the plate.

I slept in that day, and went to Roth when I was ready for lunch. I walked around, and I saw that Skills was open. The expediter (guy who takes orders), told me that they had two chickens and two roast beefs left. Here's what I got:








-- Onion Soup
-- Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy, Glazed Carrots, Garlic Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes

The onion soup was very good, but not as good as the last one I had with apples in it. I kind of expected the food to be really good, since the kitchen is based around making everything perfectly. Luckily, it was. The chicken was buttery soft with a rich sauce, and the carrots were soft and sugary. The broccoli was cooked until it was very tender, and it had a really good amount of garlic flavor. The mashed potatoes as well had the right amount of garlic, and they were awesome. I will definitely go back to Skills kitchen.

While I was in the bathroom, sometime between lunch and dinner, I found a potato peeler.



I thought it was interesting.

I was yearning for some comfort food, so for dinner I went to K16 and got this..


-- K16 Burger with French Fries and a Pickle

This was a basic burger, medium-rare, and it was delicious. It was just like it should be, and I enjoyed it very much.

Until the next post,
Eat well, then eat more

No comments:

Post a Comment