Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 29 at The Culinary: Dominos

Today was a lazy Sunday.

I went to Courtside for lunch, and I got a custom salad.


-- Salad with Craisins, Roasted Peanuts, and Sesame Ginger Dressing

This was a good salad, and I think I found my new "usual". I bought the dressing when I was home over the weekend, and I used it for this. Very good stuff.

I didn't eat anything else until about eleven at night, when my friends and I decided to order pizza from Dominos. This seems like a simple thing to do for the four of us, given that we're culinary students at the CIA, but it was not.

We decided that we'd get the best deal if we did two, two-topping medium pizzas instead of doing one extra large pizza. Friend number one didn't like to have vegetables on his pizzas. Friend number two insisted on having two meats. Friend number three just wanted to have banana peppers. I, of course, would eat anything. They could not decide, and it was funny and frustrating at the same time.

It came down to friends one and two choosing pizza number one's toppings, and friend three and I chose pizza two's toppings. The first group decided on bacon and pepperoni. I was then free to pick anything I wanted, because friend three only wanted banana peppers. I looked through the list, and tried to picture the flavor of the pizza with each topping plus banana peppers. Every one of the vegetables sounded bad with them, or at least too plain. I would gladly have done anything, but when it was my choice things changed.

I guess I just didn't really want a vegetable pizza. Olives would be a good choice for me, but Dominos doesn't have the olives I pictured in my head. Finally, I realized that the pizza would need a meat if it had banana peppers, so I chose one of the meats that wasn't already picked, and it was ham.

It turns out that the pepperoni and bacon pizza was way better. Not just for obvious reasons (it having bacon and pepperoni), but it seemed like pizza two was just made differently and not as well. Now I know for next time.

Until the next post,
Eat well, then eat more

No comments:

Post a Comment