Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 23 at The Culinary: Back On Campus

Today I came back to school from my weekend at home.

I left campus on Friday night, after Product Knowledge class, and I went home to my mom's house in North Jersey. I spent Saturday in Jersey, and I made a salad dressing that's from a recipe my Product Knowledge teacher gave me. It was a Japanese soy ginger dressing (the bright orange kind from Japanese restaurants), and it was amazing. I made a lot of the dressing, and I planned to take it back with me. I did this because I decided I wanted to get more custom salads from Courtside, and I could use my homemade dressing with it.

On Sunday, I went to my dad's house in New York. I went back to my mom's in Jersey that night. The following morning, at about ten, I packed up the car and was driven back to school. I arrived on campus a little after eleven o'clock, and unpacked all the goodies I brought back with me. I got some clothes hangers, bleach, hershey bars, the dressing, dryer sheets, a turtle neck, thermal underwear, a power strip, a laundry hamper, flip flops and some t-shirts.

By the time I was done unpacking, it was noon and the new class of students was arriving to start moving in! This was quite fun. We got new door decorations, my roommate kindly rearranged the layout of almost our entire room, so as to give us more space, and we were officially no longer the noobs. Because of the block system that the school has, the freshman are really only one of two things. You can either consider them to only be the students who have been on campus for under three weeks, or you can consider them anyone that hasn't gotten their associate's degree yet.



The newest people are only the students who haven't been here for three weeks yet. However, the students that appear to have more seniority are, when interviewed, students that could have been here for only around nine weeks. By the time you get past B-Block, you start and finish new classes very frequently. Therefore, I believe they should either drop the term "freshman", or come up with a new system of terms meaning students from each block. There are a large amount of blocks, by the way.

There are terms that we use to mean where we are in the program. We could be B-blockers, about to go on extern, post-extern, just finished fish, on restaurant row, or a number of other phrases and terms.



I didn't eat anything until sometime around mid-afternoon. I went to Courtside so that I could get a salad. I was all excited to finally try out my dressing. This is what I ended up with:



-- Bbq Chicken Nuggets
-- Salad with Craisins and Japanese Soy Ginger Dressing

This salad was better than the last one, thanks to the incredible dressing I made. I ate the chicken cold, because I didn't want to wait a minute for it to heat up in the microwave. I don't remember anything else about the day, and what's above is all that I ate that day.

Until the next post,
Eat well, then eat more

No comments:

Post a Comment