Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 14 at The Culinary: Refining the Courtside Deli Sandwich

Hello, today was boring-ish.

It was a Saturday, so I could only eat at Courtside. I slept in, went to a supermarket with some friends, and by the time I got back, it was dinner time.

We went to Price Chopper, a store I'd never even heard of before, and got an array of random impulse foods.




This would be today's special: Inside a Culinary Student's Fridge.

Not really.

I got Pretzel M&Ms, Saltines, Unsalted Saltines (oxymoron), 2-pound box of Goldfish, and a Pumpkin Pie.

Once I put everything away, I went to dinner. I walked to Courtside and decided to refine my custom sandwich order. I wanted to find out what I'd like best so I could sooner establish a "regular".  I remembered that my last custom sandwich was half roast beef and half corned beef with swiss in between. The swiss was good and the corned beef was awesome. The bread was also great, but the roast beef was dry.


 -- Double Corned Beef Sandwich with Provolone on Rye and French Fries

I thought I'd try an all-corned beef sandwich, but with another cheese. I tried provolone because I know I love provolone. It turns out that the decision to make it all corned beef was a phenomenal one, but the provolone didn't work as well as the swiss cheese.

So, the next time I decide to get a sandwich at Courtside, I'll most likely be getting a double corned beef with swiss on rye.

Until the next post,
Ea well, then eat more

No comments:

Post a Comment